This article was written for Annabel & Grace, which is now part of Rest Less.
I freely admit I am usually a very plain dresser. I favour unfussy classic clothing but sometimes I feel I don’t look very feminine. Which is why I am now becoming a firm fan of florals. I instantly feel ‘prettier’. So Annabel and I borrowed a few flowery dresses, tops and scarves to try and illustrate how they can instantly add uplifting colour. For more info on any of the featured florals, just click on a pic or the relevant blue link.
One of Annabel and my absolute fave brands (as regular readers already know!) is Me+Em. It is their clothes that we both take out of our wardrobes to wear again and again and again.
Their well designed, beautifully cut clothes are – in our humble opinion – wardrobe classics and, although expensive, are great value over the years when you take cost-per-wear into account.
- Cotton Reversible Double-Faced Cardigan in Aranciata/Soft White £135; Poppy Field Print Midi Dress £295; White ankle boots (Annabel’s own from years ago) similar ones available from Sosandar.
- Hand-Painted Floral Midi Tea Dress £275 and dark rose espadrilles from a wonderful collection at Castaner
- Ditsy Floral Volant Top – lightweight, so perfect for a warm summer day. Looks so fresh, especially when worn with white trousers £125. Available in two colourways. Me+Em
- Really useful dress in beautifully fine cotton – super easy to throw on and look great in. It’s called the Riviera and will be available for £108 on the Silver Pink website by the end of April. White slip on trainer made in Italy from premium Italian leather £195 from Me+Em.
- Glorious Deep Floral scarf in merino wool and silk mix. A statement piece that will add plenty of va va voom to an otherwise neutral outfit £57 from Silver Pink.
A&G READERS ARE ENTITLED TO 10% OFF AT SILVER PINK – USE PROMO CODE A&G3
I also had a trawl on the internet and found these other fantastic florals. Ignore the oh-so-young models please – I have chosen these outfits because I think we 50+ women will also look amazing wearing them!
- Flower Print Dress £39.99 from Mango
- Floral Print Jumpsuit £49.99 Mango
- Rosa Pietsch Floral Drop Earrings £58.50 at Anthropologie
- Floral Round Neck Midaxi Tea Dress £39.50 at Marks & Spencer
- Pure Cotton Floral V-Neck 3/4 Sleeve Blouse £55 Phase Eight at M&S
- Pure Linen Floral Midi Skater Dress £135 by Jaeger at M&S
- Smocked Cuff Printed Top £70 (two other fab colourways available) from Boden
- Embroidered Blouson Cardigan £120
- Embroidered Mule Espadrilles £98
- Heritage print kaftan dress pink £65 from Monsoon
- Faux leather floral handbag £27.99 from Amazon
- Slip on floral sneakers (wide fitting) £23 by JD Williams
- Floral print boat neck top £49 from Ralph Lauren