This article was written for Annabel & Grace, which is now part of Rest Less.
Now the the cost of living is at the forefront of our minds, a fair price for great quality is what we’re all looking for. I have found some fantastic winter wardrobe additions which meet that criteria exactly. Plus, if you stick to some sort of a colour palette you’ll also be able to do a lot of mixing and matching. Best of all, these fashion finds are from our favourite one-stop-shop. So, without further ado we’d like to show you our best buys from M&S. Many of these wardrobe essentials are available in sizes 6 – 24.
- Quilted Collarless Longline Puffer Coat in Hunter Green £69 (I’m wearing size 14 so a generous fit)
- Patterned Round Neck Jumper with Wool £45… if you’re looking for a festive jumper…!
- Sienna Corduroy Straight Leg Trousers 8 colours available including Bottle Green which I’m happily wearing. £25. We rave about M&S’s Sienna jeans and this corduroy version is no exception. Straight leg trousers are, as we all know by now, universally flattering. I take size 12 which means they must be a generous fit! Available in short, regular or long. Very comfortable.
- Wide Fit Suede Lace Up Ankle Boots £69. OMG I love these boots! Not just because they are a super comfortable wide fit, but even on my huge feet, they make me feel so contemporary! I think the almond toe is the key here as most trendy ankle boots are a little clumpier (which, of course, is great if you have small feet). I usually take size 8½ or even a 9, but size 8 fits me really well (albeit with thinnish socks or popsocks).
- Supersoft Spot Print Crew Neck Jumper £17.50. Also available in Ivory Mix.
- Sienna Straight leg jeans with stretch £22.50
- Suede flat loafers £45. Available in Navy and Tan (both such useful colours). Generous sizing and really easy to slip on and wear. Sizes 3 – 8. Water repellent, antibacterial and incorporate smart Insolia Flex® technology that places feet correctly within the shoes for comfortable wear.
- Tailored Single Breasted Blazer in Tomato red. Such a standout colour… and why not! I may be 70 but I’m not dead yet! I’m wearing size 14 top (so it is a generous fit). Am very fussy about jackets but like the tailoring of this one. The sleeves are long enough and the lapels neat rather than huge. The jacket is lined and so warm enough to wear on its own or with an extra layer, ie a long coat or poncho, on top. £65. Also available in bright blue.
- Matching zip detail straight leg trousers are £35 and are also available in bright blue, navy or black. I needed size 14 trousers in these (usually take 12 in M&S trousers). I’m 5’8″ and so chose the long length, also available in short and regular. They zips at the hem by the way.
- Recycled Blend Cable Knit Knitted Jumper £27.50 Great to see a longer length sleeveless jumper to wear a white shirt with. Also available in a rather lovely Oatmeal colour. It is a relaxed fit, so am wearing a Small.
If you’d like any of the above don’t delay – M&S’s great value fashion doesn’t hang around for long! M&S has some great Christmas gifts too – check them out here
Lots more fashion finds and style tips for 50+ women are available here