This article was written for Annabel & Grace, which is now part of Rest Less.
Even though Annabel and I live 70 miles apart, we always make time to meet up in real life. Although we are in constant touch by Whatsapp, nothing beats seeing each other in person. It’s a chance to talk about our plans for A&G in more depth, take some photographs for our social media channels (selfies don’t come naturally to either of us but these days our iPhones have to be ever present!) and, have a catch up on our personal lives over lunch. We’re always on the look out for interesting style for older women (not least because we are both in our sixties) and thought you might like to see a few things that we’re enjoying wearing at the moment…
“I’ve been taken aback by the psychological impact dressing in Hope can have on a woman. Hope is about making women feel beautifully confident and for some women it’s a long time since they’ve felt that about themselves.” Nayna, founder of Hope Fashion
- Boxy roll neck in Flame Orange (also available in Navy) £135 Hope Fashion
- Cropped black jeans from Donna Ida at Atterley
- White shoes (past season Me+Em)
- Luxurious cashmere blend boyfriend jumper in Emerald Green £175 Hope Fashion
- Capri trousers – currently on sale at Winser London £79
- Navy flat leather loafers £45 from Marks & Spencer (also have a pair in tan because they are so super comfy!)
Saint & Sofia is a relatively new fashion brand that began life in January 2020. They are serious about sustainability, using only natural or recycled fabrics and bio-degradeable packaging to reduce their impact on the environment. Their award winning design team previously worked at brands such as Louis Vuitton, Roland Mouret, Ted Baker and French Connection. Each style uses good quality fabrics and has a luxury finish that’s made to last. They are size inclusive too, stocking 6 – 22.
- Cambridge blazer in Navy (other colourways available) £179 from Saint & Sofia. I’m a 16 on top but the 14 fitted me perfectly.
- Floral top with frilled cuffs Essentiel Antwerp (Grace’s own but several similar available in the sale here)
- Greenwich dress £94 (available in a variety of plain colours for £84) from Saint & Sofia. This is a super easy dress to wear – soooo comfortable and flattering. Has pockets – not sure why we love pockets so much but we do! Highly recommend this if you are looking for something to fling on and feel happy in all day. Worn with my old navy suede boots – similar ones available at Mandarina, click here to view
- Navy Breton long sleeved top (past season) – similar available at Boden
- Cotton cable knit jumper in Cream (looks almost white in real life) made with soft Italian yarn £94 (reduced from £150) and available in various colours from Saint & Sofia.
- Chelsea pant in Navy £69 reduced from £125 from Saint & Sofia. A classic wide leg, pull on trouser made with wrinkle and crease-free Ponte di Roma fabric. Mid-waisted, comfortable and relaxed with an elasticated waistband. Also available in Black and Burgundy.
Annabel turns a formal dress from Me+Em into an informal outfit by putting on a casual jacket and shoes. And now the nights are drawing in, she is lounging in style wearing her new favourite jimjams…
- Dress (past season) from Me+Em
- Navy cotton jacket £75 from Artichoke
- Pale pink silk pyjamas 100% silky satin pyjamas are finished with pale grey piping. £46. From Classic Cotton, a new brand that has come to our attention. We are fans already – they also stock the prettiest pure cotton nightdresses (perfect if you are going through the menopause as they will keep you cooler).
Last but not least, who isn’t searching for one of these sleeveless jumpers at the moment? They are on trend for good reason – a super practical transitional layer that suits everyone.
- Merino cashmere twisted lurex vest £125 from Me+Em
- We are both wearing our fave classic white shirt which is available from Silver Pink. Superb shape, really comfortable, washes and irons well. What’s not to like!
- Red Solid Sweater Vest £8.99 (yes, you read that right!) from Shein. Available in other colours. I love wearing this because it is straight, has notches, a slightly longer back and is really comfortable. Never bought anything from Shein before, but pleased with my purchase which has also washed well. Does take about a week to arrive in the post. I bought size Large (am 14/16 on top).
Now that we’re all using the internet more frequently, the vast amount of choice can be a bit overwhelming and take up a lot of your time. Whether you are casually browsing for stylish clothes for over fifties, hunting for trendy clothes for your 60s or need some inspiration on clothes for older women, we can help. We do the research for you, finding stylish clothes and accessories that are flattering for the older body shape and give you a sense of wellbeing and confidence. Read our latest articles here.
NB: the pink pyjamas and cable knit jumper were gifted. Rest of clothes were either loaned or are our own.