7) CSMF: Certified Strategic Modeling Facilitator
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
This CSMF Course is a Master course that teaches New, Rapid Delivery Data Nodding methods. The Course Image for this CSMF course is an Automobile Assembly Line, which, similar to the CBDM course, is the focus of the Data Modeling Case Study Workshop that comprises the CSMF Exam.
It teaches methods for developing a strategic model in a Facilitated Session with senior and middle-level business managers using strategic business plans as a catalyst to develop a strategic data model.
This Master Certification course teaches Strategic Modeling Facilitators how to develop a strategic data map using business planning statements as a catalyst, by using business terminology, NOT technical data modeling terminology. A strategic data map is seen by senior business managers as a “picture of their business”.
[A Strategic Data Model (or strategic data map) is an Enterprise Data Model (or enterprise data map) with every many-to-many association decomposed into an Intersecting (Associative) entity and two, one-to-many associations. The many end of each association touches the Intersecting entity, while the one end of each association touches one of the two entities originally related by the many-to-many association.]
The course teaches facilitators how to identify business processes in any data map manually, rapidly and easily by visual inspection, for selection of priority processes by business managers for early delivery. The course teaches facilitators how to identify the project phase number of every entity in any data map, manually by visual inspection and how to derive project plans from any data map manually, by visual inspection.
It also teaches facilitators how manually, rapidly and easily, to derive an Enterprise Architecture Portfolio Plan (EAPP), for delivery into production of priority, reusable, standardized processes comprising fully-integrated databases and systems: rapidly, in 3-month increments of increasing functionality. These reusable processes, when implemented, can save large organisations hundreds of millions of dollars in annual operating costs.
Finally, this Master Certification Course teaches facilitators how to derive Project Maps, manually, rapidly and easily, by visual inspection of any complex data map, for progressive delivery of Early Milestone Deliverable sub-projects in 3-month increments, so that business benefits can be realized from early implemented sub-projects, while later sub-projects are still being developed.
As I have developed Parkinson's Disease since the video was first recorded in 2009 and can now no longer speak clearly, I have asked Russell Abisla of Visible Systems Corporation in Boston, MA to present the initial Introduction video on my behalf.
- At the end of the Course, you will be able to:
- • Understand how a Strategic Data Model (as a picture of the business) can be developed in a Facilitated session of only 2-days by business managers and business experts.
- Understand how these business managers and business experts do not need technical knowledge of data modeling, but do need (and already have) detailed knowledge of the business and its business rules.
- • Understand how starting from their Strategic Business Plan, databases and systems for priority business processes can be delivered into production rapidly, in 3-month increments of increasing functionality.
- • Understand how to identify business processes in a strategic data map, for identification of priority business processes by business managers.
- • Understand how to use tactical business plans to expand a strategic data model to further tactical data map detail.
- • Understand how to identify project phase numbers for implementation, manually by visual inspection of any data map.
- • Know how to derive an Enterprise Architecture Portfolio Plan (EAPP) manually from any data map.
- • Know how to derive a Project Map in Pert Chart format, manually by visual inspection of a data map, for progressive delivery of early milestone deliverables into production as databases and systems.