A Stylish Introduction to Buttercream Cake Decorating
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
I learned cake decorating years ago using only buttercream and I feel it's still relevant to learn that way.
Every event, activity, celebration, or day could use a cake. Why? Because, they make people happy. If you want to get on board with making the lives of others just a little bit brighter, then join me in this comprehensive beginner cake decorating course.
You will learn all of the fundamentals from start to finish of decorating two-tier cakes with a simple Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
I will walk you through:
- Preparing Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Creating custom cake boards.
- Carving, filling, and frosting a cake smooth with sharp edges.
- Simple spatula design techniques.
- Working with gel colors to create a watercolor and ombre effect.
- Preparing piping bags with no mess or fuss.
- Piping rosettes, ruffles, and discussing how to create patterns with piped decorations.
- Painting on buttercream with gel colors and luster dust.
- Using wooden dowels properly to stack sturdy cakes.
The beauty of learning these techniques is that you can use them to create many different designs for birthdays, baby showers, graduations, weddings, or just because!
This course includes resources that you can download and print. There is a handy recipe print out so that you can make buttercream from scratch in your own kitchen. Also included is a list of equipment and resources for where to find and purchase supplies. You will be able to ask questions and receive personalized support should you hit any bumps in the road along the way!
Whether you want to start cake decorating as a hobby or you hope to turn it into a career, this beginner course has all of the basics you need to build a solid foundation. I hope to see you in the course!
- Make Swiss Meringue Buttercream from scratch.
- Create custom cake boards to match any cake.
- Level, torte, fill, crumb coat, and smooth finish buttercream cakes.
- Work with gel colors and color dusts.
- Prepare piping bags.
- Pipe rosettes and ruffles.
- Create cake designs with a metal cake spatula.
- Painting on buttercream.
- Applying watercolor and ombre color techniques.
- Build a stable two-tiered cake great for any occasion!