Accounting for Revenue & Related Party Transactions (ASPE)
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
In this course, you'll accelerate your technical accounting knowledge on two of the most common topics under Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises in Canadian GAAP: revenue recognition and related party transactions.
We'll review the accounting treatments for following topics throughout the course with examples:
- 5 Step revenue recognition criteria assessment model
- Percentage of completion vs. completed contract revenue approaches - when to use them and how to calculate revenue under each of the approaches.
- Multiple deliverable arrangements
- Related party transactions which may occur in the ordinary course of business or not.
By the end of this course, you'll have a strong understanding of these technical accounting topics and be well versed in these topics. You'll also receive access to the course Q&A section where you can ask the instructor 1:1 questions.
- In this course, students will learn how to account for revenue and related party transactions under ASPE. This includes a review of the 5 step revenue recognition critiera under GAAP, the completed contract and percentage of completion method, and multiple deliverable arrangements.