Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Diploma
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31£100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) CourseCognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a popular therapy paradigm that is used in the treatment of depression, anxiety, eating disorders, relationship problems and other causes of psychological distress. It is widely available on the NHS and there are many professional opportunities for those with qualifications in this field. This course provides further information and practical guidance for those who are already familiar with the basic ideas and implementation of CBT and are looking to further extend their knowledge.
You Will Learn:
- The theory behind Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), its indications and its contraindications.
- The basics of behavioural neuroscience, the link between the nervous system and behaviour and how a grounding in this field will help you become a more effective CBT practitioner.
- The key ideas underlying three distinct types of CBT therapy – Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Behavioural Therapy (BT), and Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) – and an overview of the techniques used by practitioners of each approach.
- How CBT practitioners approach the therapy process and how they make use of materials that guide them in helping their clients make positive changes to their lives.
- How CBT-E, a special type of CBT developed for use in patients with eating disorders, works in treating eating disorder symptoms and preventing relapse.
- How CBT can be used to improve mood in people with depression and why cognitive distortions are the key to understanding depression.
- How CBT provides individuals with a set of skills that help reduce their stress levels and risk of burnout, how it can be used to cure anxiety disorders, and why it is a good treatment option for insomnia.
- Why relationship difficulties are so common, how couples and families become locked in dysfunctional patterns of relating to one another, and how CBT practitioners can help them take a healthier approach to their relationships.
- What is meant by the term “addiction”, the factors that maintain an addiction, and how a well-structured CBT programme can break the cycles that keep addiction going.
- What to consider when embarking on a career as a therapist, including how to choose between private sector and public sector practice and how to meet your obligations under the law.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will learn about the cognitive, emotional, behavioural and neurological aspects of psychological distress.
- You will gain insight into several mental illnesses, including their causes and symptoms. This will be useful if you work, or wish to work, with clients or patients experiencing these problems.
- You will discover how human behaviour is governed by external and internal factors, which will help you make sense of other people’s behaviour both at home and at work.
- Your knowledge of CBT practices will stand you in good stead for a career in the helping and medical professions.
- You can study from any location with an internet connection.
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines.
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects.