Air Dispersion Modeling for Environmental Management
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
This course explains all the requirements to perform an air dispersion modeling with AERMOD, the USEPA preferred computer model used to assess and estimate pollutant concentrations and air quality impact caused by air emissions from a variety of sources, such as industrial stacks.
This is your course if you want to take your first steps with the air dispersion model and:
You want to learn how to model atmospheric emissions and assess their impact on air quality.
You want to carry out environmental consulting in the field of air quality and atmospheric dispersion modeling.
You want to learn how to estimate pollutant concentrations in ambient air in a region and know how to define the better position of monitoring stations
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals principles and concepts of air dispersion, this will help you to understand every step needed to model using the AERMOD software package. Every processor needed for this course is free for use during and after the course, and the software package that you will learn how to use includes:
AERSURFACE (Version 20060)
AERMINUTE (Version 15272)
AERMET (Version 19191)
AERMAP (Version 18081)
BPIPPRIM (Version 04274)
AERMOD (Version 19191)
QGIS (Version 3.10.4)
Practical training is the core of this course so the lectures focus on practical activities on how to set up and run each one of the processors. Therefore, the main objectives of the course are:
Provide a step-by-step walkthrough, in order to familiarize you with the use of each processor, helping you to understand their main features and their outputs.
Prepare you with a concise and comprehensive knowledge that will allow you to perform a complete air dispersion modeling with a hands-on, real-world case study.
In the long term perspective, from this course, you get condensed valuable guidance that you can use as a pocketbook to study and review at any moment, helping you during the implementation of an air dispersion modeling or just clarifying any doubts you might have in the future.
In summary, the course presents practical explanations and examples, as well as hands-on exercises for the implementation of Air Dispersion Modeling using AERMOD.
Photo by Chris LeBoutillier on Pexels and picture from Freepik
- Assess the sustainability of your air emissions sources
- Perform air dispersion modelling for environmental management
- Use environmental pollution model in the sustainable decision-making process
- What is and how to use AERMOD to perform a Air Dispersion Modeling (practical training)
- Understand air quality and dispersion principles and concepts
- Understand and present the air pollution results
- Set up and use AERMET for meteorological data preparation
- Set up and use AERSURFACE and AERMAP for surface and terrain data preparation
- Set up and use BPIPPRM for building downwash calculations