Discover depths of peace and tranquillity you never knew existed!
Pranayama has a profound effect on health and wellbeing, reducing stress, anxiety and depression, reducing high blood pressure, improving the respiratory and immune systems, aiding better sleep and increasing energy levels to name but a few of the many benefits. Whether you are a new yoga teacher wanting to deepen your understanding of pranayama or taking your first steps towards becoming a yoga teacher, this course will provide all the knowledge you need to pass on the amazing benefits of yoga breathing techniques to your clients. This course is also ideal for anyone wanting to simply improve their quality of life.
You will learn
- 10 pranayama techniques, some with more advanced levels
- 2 yoga asana sequences to open the hips, improve your posture, stretch your hamstrings and strengthen your abdominals, all of which will improve your health and make your pranayama practice safe and effective
- Hatha yoga Surya Namaskar: a bit of a workout which will prepare you for your practice and again, improve your posture
- The profoundly effective Pawanmuktasana series of 3 sequences to remove energy blockages – probably the most important asanas you will ever learn
- An overview of Patanjali’s 8 limbs of yoga so that you can better understand where pranayama fits into yoga as a whole
- Where, when and how to practice pranayama
- Seated asanas for pranayama and meditation practice, together with the mudras required
- An introduction to yogic anatomy, physiology and philosophy
- And best of all: Yoga Nidra – 2 practices, one short, one long, which will leave you feeling at peace with the universe.
There is something for everyone: old, young, novice, experienced yogi, mobile, disabled. Join me on this journey of self discovery and come to understand bliss.
- Students will learn 10 pranayama techniques – simple as well as some more advanced levels – which will help improve health and wellbeing. They will learn the amazing Pawanmuktasana series 1 to 3 to help remove blockages so that prana can flow more easily. The will also learn the traditional Hatha yoga Surya Namaskar as well as a couple of preparatory flows to help prepare the body for pranayama practice. New yogis will get an insight into Patanjali’s 8 fold path of yoga which will help them understand exactly where pranayama fits in to yoga as a whole.