Anatomy: Know Your Abdomen
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
This course will help you identify the positions of organs within the abdomen and will introduce you to common anatomical terminology.
You will look at the anterior (front) abdominal wall, exploring how the ‘abs’ are considered in relation to health and beauty. You’ll then move on to look at the composition of the gastrointestinal tract. Focussing on common problems that can occur in this tract, you’ll hear from an abdominal surgeon about the work he does to treat and cure such problems.
What topics will you cover?
- The positions of organs within the abdomen
- Common anatomical terminology relating to organs and their position relative to each other
- The anterior abdominal wall: how ‘abs’ are considered in relation to health and beauty
- The structure of the gastrointestinal tract
- Common gastrointestinal problems and the work done to treat or cure them
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course.