In this course, we build on our understanding of san bushman rock art, and journey north, into Europe and Asia. There we encounter the Paleolithic caves of Europe and uncover the shamanic practices of European ancestors. All this, with the help of Dr. David Lewis Williams’s groundbreaking book, The Mind in the Cave.
- The origins of paleolithic cave art
- The origins of religion
- The psychological roots of religious belief
- prehistoric man and the spreading of humanity out of Africa
- The interpretation of N. American Rock Art
- The role altered states of consciousness played in the evolution of man