Learn new teaching methods to enhance your instrument or singing lessons
Vocal coaches and music teachers have an important role in improving their students’ ability to sing or play an instrument.
On this music teacher training course, you will learn to assess your current teaching strategies and look at new ways to engage your students during their lessons.
You’ll get instrument-specific advice and resources as well as guidance on how to plan music lessons within a broader curriculum.
You’ll gain the confidence to challenge your existing practices and identify weaknesses in your own teaching style in order to become a more effective music or singing teacher.
What topics will you cover?
- Assess your current teaching
- Explore and evaluate teaching and learning principles
- Identify core musical skills
- Evaluate your own technique
- Develop a range of strategies for teaching technique
- Explore links between motivation and progression
- Increase your awareness of professional values and practice
- Design a curriculum and devise lesson plans
- Produce a personal development plan
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is for all music and instrument teachers and vocal coaches.
A music teacher training suited both for private teachers as well as teachers working in schools, music trusts or music academies.
Who developed the course?
The world’s leading provider of music exams, holding over 650,000 exams in over 90 countries each year. ABRSM makes significant donations towards music education initiatives around the world.