BlendMasters Vol. 2: Shading and Lighting a Car in Cycles
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Do you want to learn how to create stunning, physically realistic renders with Blender's Cycles rendering engine?
This course is designed to take the high resolution concept car (built in BlendMasters Vol. 1) and show you how to craft a simple, but realistic lighting and shading setup for Cycles. By the end of this course you will understand how to develop all the basic shaders in Cycles you need to render a high resolution car. I'll also give you my personal advice for increasing realism and decreasing render time as you work on your own scenes.
What Will I Learn?
- Shade a high resolution concept car realistically in Cycles
- Learn how to build 9 essential shaders from scratch as you follow me step by step
- Create a basic studio lighting rig without the need for external HDRIs
- Learn how to tweak all the render settings to perfection to decrease noise, artifacts, and render time
- Learn how to color correct the final 4K render in Photoshop and Blender's node compositor
What Do I Get?
- All of my original Blender files as I go through the course, pick up anywhere and follow along.
- The final version of the concept car with permission to use in your personal or commercial projects. (Refer to the included guide for more info)
- A 39 page guide with my breakdown of all the shaders in the course, their node graphs for Cycles, and my advice for creating Cycles shaders like a pro.
- Over 3.5 hours of Full HD video instruction detailing the entire process in real time.
- An exclusive discount on The Cycles Encyclopedia from Blender Diplom.
- Create basic to intermediate level complexity shaders in the Cycles rendering engine.
- Create a fully realistic studio lighting setup without the need for HDRIs.
- Understand how to optimize render settings for Cycles depending on your needs to speed things up.
- Color correct a final render in Photoshop and Blender's native compositor.