Brain Training: Harness Neuroplasticity Through Neuroscience
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
In this course, learn what neuroscience says regarding brain training strategies to harness our brains neuroplasticity. The concept of neuroplasticity is becoming more well know after the last few decades of neuroscience research. We now know that through neuroplasticity our experiences change the structure and the organization of the brain.
A paradigm change is occurring in various professional fields with neuroscience beginning to inform psychiatry, psychology, counseling, education, business, and technology. Thus, strategies to improve our brain health, and train our brain to increase cognitive performance and extend the life of our brain are extremely popular.
Throughout this course you will learn what brain training is and how it is related to neuroplasticity. You will also learn about the benefits, and the various types of brain training. You will be presented with some of the components, and the simplicity of brain training, and some specific applications for brain training. Finally, you will learn about some of the best evidence-based approaches to improve brain health and/or brain-based skills through positive habits and lifestyle strategies, cognitive training, brain training games, or self-directed neuroplasticity.
- Understand what Brain Training is and how to utilize it to improve brain functioning
- Understand the concept of Neuroplasticity and how it relates to Brain Training
- Understand practical strategies to incorporate self-directed neuroplasticity into your daily life
- Understand which commercially available brain games are backed by neuroscience
- Practice a full range of exercises in order to stimulate new brain connections