Get prepared to forge a career in the workplace of the future
The workplace of the future offers new challenges and opportunities, shaped by technological change and trends towards globalisation.
We’ll help you to identify and progress towards clearly defined career goals, whether you’re already employed or looking to start your career.
You’ll review the key global changes impacting the world of work and explore what these changes may mean for future careers. You’ll also discover the implications of new developments like 3D printing, the internet of things, cryptocurrencies and the circular economy.
What topics will you cover?
- Lessons from historical “technological revolutions”
- Implications of the digital economy for the nature and location of work
- Winners and losers in the digital workplace
- How social changes are shaping the workplace of tomorrow
- The changing relationship between our digital and physical workspaces
- Entrepreneurial opportunities in the digital economy
- Skills required for success in the digital workplace and how they can be acquired
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in how the world of work is changing and how this may affect their current or future career. It’s also suitable for anyone who provides career guidance, such as teachers, consultants and counsellors.
Who developed the course?
University of Exeter
The University of Exeter is a Russell Group university. It combines world-class research with very high levels of student satisfaction.