Business Course for Belly Dancers | Everything About Gigs
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
The life of a professional dancer is difficult by definition, but many dancers make it even more difficult for themselves by refusing to use the whole set of tools to bring them one step closer to success, decrease the level of uncertainty and physical & emotional load as much as possible. Instead, they just rely entirely on good luck, and hide behind the excuses of being bad in business, or shy to promote themselves...
There is no shame in wanting to make a living from your art.
There is no shame in actively promoting your services.
There is no shame in asking for a good level of payment for your skills.
And there is no shame in approaching your art as a business.
My name is Iana Komarnytska. I came to my first belly dance class 16 years ago, and I had no idea it would change my life so much. Today I’m an award-winning professional dancer and choreographer, with a 5-year experience of living exclusively as a full-time dancer, relying entirely on local shows as a solo artist. With more than 200 gigs per year in a non-Arabic country, without an agent or a manager, I was able to figure out not only the artistic side of this work, but also the business and logistic aspects of it.
I created this course to gather all my knowledge about various aspects of belly dance gigs, sharing all tips and trade secrets from my own experience of being a full-time solo performer. The result is a complete business guide for belly dancers, with over 100 video lectures, in more than 30 hours of content with a step-by-step guide to unleash your belly dance performance career.
This course is for dancers who want to start dancing professionally and get paid for their performances. Whether you want to perform part-time or full-time, this course will help you build a solo dance career focusing on local gigs (weddings, restaurants, corporate events, etc). You will learn how to be your own manager, promoter, director, graphic designer, and all other roles related to the business side of belly dance.
I designed this course in a simple manner gathering all topics into eight major sections:
1️⃣Where to Start/ Understanding the Nature of This Profession/ Nuances of Working in a non-Arabic Country⠀
2️⃣Basic Portfolio and How to Put Your Offer Together⠀
3️⃣Advanced Promotional Tools & Reaching Potential Clients⠀
4️⃣Communication with Clients & Closing the Deal⠀
5️⃣Getting Ready for the Show⠀
6️⃣On the Day of Performance & Troubleshooting Scenarios⠀
7️⃣After-Show Must DOs⠀
8️⃣Scaling Up the Business & Taking Care of Your Career and Well-Being in the Long Term⠀
By the end of the course you will know all ins and outs of the belly dance gigs world. You will be able to apply your new tools right away, while you are still going through the course. Additionally, you will receive a Step-by-Step Guide to help you launch and grow your dance career. This course is not just theory-based, but it includes highly practical tools, suggestions and demonstrations with real examples (pricing, contract, template answers, website, business cards, music playlists, etc) which you can use in your own practice.
All you need to begin is to be interested in exploring the business side of being a belly dancer.
What are you waiting for? Jump in and start building your professional dance life today!
- How to transition from belly dance as a hobby to dance as a paid professional activity
- How to promote your solo belly dance shows in a non-Arabic country
- How to start performing solo at restaurants and other local events (wedding, birthday, and corporate celebrations)
- How to put together your booking contract, website, social media promotion, business cards and other promotional tools
- How to structure a 20-minute nonstop solo program and edit your music
- How to get ready for the show
- How to solve the most common trouble situations on the day of your performance
- How to transform a one-time client into your loyal regular customer and promoter
- How to avoid mistakes in communication with potential clients, close the deal, explain prices and address clients objections
- How to build a long-lasting dance career