Whether you are new to teaching, or a teacher with experience, CELTA is a course that requires preparation ahead to pass it and get the most out of it. This preparation course with me, Ahmad Zaytoun an Official CELTA Trainer, will ensure that you know everything you need before your CELTA starts.
Why this course? because you will be learning from a CELTA tutor who has the same experience, and knowledge about CELTA as the tutors who will be training you on your CELTA course.
By the end of this course, you will not only be informed about CELTA, but you will also have the knowledge of planning lessons, writing assignments, and techniques for teaching your assessed lessons. The course spares no detail when it comes to what CELTA involves.
The carefully-planned eight sections of this course address everything a CELTA candidate needs to know to be ready for CELTA.
Highlights from the course:
Explanation of the assessment criteria (get to know what we, tutors, look for when assessing a CELTA trainee)
Tips to get you through CELTA,
What to read before and while doing CELTA,
Classroom management techniques to have control over your class,
Samples from Pass A trainees to write assignments that pass,
Analyzing language for lessons and assignments,
Lesson planning, lesson frameworks, and writing a self-evaluation form to make sure that your plan meets the standards,
Downloadable lesson plans templates with comments on how to complete them,
Teaching language skills (reading, listening, speaking, writing),
Teaching language systems (grammar, vocabulary),
Demo lessons for language systems (external videos) to have a better idea of about teaching,
Writing the 4 assignments, and examining samples,
Post CELTA: tips for teaching a demo lesson, finding a job, and ideas for development to keep growing as a teacher,
Quizzes and questions to check your progress and understanding of the course.
- Explanation of the assessment criteria to be ready for your lessons
- Learn how to teach systems & skills (grammar, vocabulary, reading, listening, speaking writing)
- Learn how to analyze language (grammar and vocabulary)
- Prepare for CELTA with a CELTA tutor
- Learn classroom management techniques
- Learn how to give and check instructions, and correct learners mistakes
- Learn how to write a lesson plan (cover, procedure, stages, aims, approaches) and how to write a self-evaluation form
- Learn how to write the 4 written assignments of CELTA
- Learn things about CELTA such as FAQs, terminology, CELTA grades, the timetable, what to read, and tips to gain the most of your CELTA
- Tips on: finding a job, teaching a demo lesson, and an extended list of professional development ideas to keep developing post CELTA.