CERTaIN: Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Course provided by edX
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
In this course, you will learn about the characteristics of CER/PCOR, compare and contrast CER/PCOR studies and randomized controlled trials, and you will hear how PCOR researchers have overcome a variety of barriers to ensure patient-centered care.
This course includes the following 11 lectures:
- Engaging Patients and Stakeholders in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Principles of Community-Based Participatory Research
- Shared Decision Making in Cancer: Models and Methods
- Patient Decision Support Tools in Cancer
- An Overview of Patient-Reported Outcomes in Cancer
- Designing Surveys: Asking Questions with a Purpose
- Qualitative Methods of Research
- Dissemination and Implementation Research in PCOR: Translating Knowledge Into Practice
- The Role of Health Literacy in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Cognitive Impairment and Participation in Research
- Behavioral Interventions in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
This course is intended for anyone interested in comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) methods.
This course is supported by grant number R25HS023214 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.