- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
**THE PRICE WILL BE GOING UP ON 07/31/2015!!**
The content of this course is based upon over 30 seasons of coaching at the college, minor league, high school, middle school, and youth levels of experience. This also includes experience and content of Masters and Bachelors level teaching in the Coaching Education area.
“Coach O is intensely passionate about the success of his student-athletes not only on the field or in the classroom, but in life….."
Being a successful coach is a huge challenge. Like success in anything else, you need all of the knowledge you can get. This course will help you to achieve this knowledge by teaching you about many different fundamentals that are important to being a coach. There is not any sport specific techniques discussed, but an overall philosophy to all sports at any level. This course will give you a firm foundation in the practical application of sport science and management. Additionally, we will discuss and enhance the idea of your coaching philosophy and coaching with a purpose.
Coaching Philosophy and Style (What it is and developing your own)
InSide Out Coaching by Joe Ehrmann
Sport Pedagogy (Practice Planning, Season Planning, Communication in Coaching, Motivating Your Athletes, Understanding How Athletes Learn, and Teaching Sport Skills)
Human Performance and Injury Prevention (Assessment, Functional Movement Training, Warm-up and Stretching, Developing a Strength Training Program, Plyometric Training, Speed Training, and Nutrition for Athletes)
Management (Team Management, Self-Management, and Risk Management)
PLUS MORE TO BE ADDED OVER TIME!!
- The biggest goal for this class is to teach you the necessary fundamentals to become a great coach for your athletes.
- In this course, you will learn:
- what a coaching philosophy is and how to develop the most effective philosophy to develop your athletes
- what a coaching style is and how to develop the most effective style to develop your athletes
- be able to apply the coaching with a purpose strategies as outlined by the Joe Ehrmann Inside Out Coaching program
- how to develop an effective season plan
- how to plan out an entire season
- how to write and maintain an effective practice plan
- how athletes learn and what are the best practices for teaching athletes
- how to motivate all athletes to get the best out of them
- how to effectively communicate to your athletes, parents, and all other members of your team community
- how to assess your facilities and practice equipment
- how to assess your athletes within your strength program using a pre-test and post-test model
- how to develop the best strength program for your level
- to understand apply the importance of plyometric training
- how to develop and increase the speed of your athletes
- be able to advise your athletes on proper nutrition and hydration as needed as an athlete
- how to manage your team effectively
- how to avoid risk management issues
- how to properly manage yourself as a coach