Mental health is equally as important as our physical health. Mental wellness is when people can recognize their abilities, efficiently self-regulate, manage the tensions of everyday life and make a helpful contribution back into society.
Mental health includes emotional, psychological, and social wellbeing; it affects how we think, feel, and function each day. The scope of our mental wellness also impacts how well we connect with other people and make significant decisions each day. Sound mental health is essential at every stage of our life, from childhood right through to adulthood.
CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) is a form of psychotherapy that focuses on how a person’s thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes influence their feelings and behaviours. CBT is problem-oriented, with an emphasis on the present moment. Unlike other talking therapies, it focuses on ‘here and now’ problems and looks for ways to improve a person’s prevailing state of mind.
Our attitudes are only ever one change away from understanding the world and ourselves from a significantly better perspective. CBT provides a time-proven framework of ideas and life principles to help you discipline your mind. This training course will bring structure to your thinking and let you acquire a depth of self-awareness that will help you connect more meaningfully with others.
CBT is a world-respected personal growth process that originated from the main ideologies of the cognitive school of psychological thinking. Many mental health organizations prioritize diagnosing unfavourable aspects of our human experience instead of taking time to investigate and understand them, which would help people to grow and develop.
This ‘Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Mental Health and Wellness’ course aims to help you learn what it means to be mentally healthy and how it can help you lead a more satisfying life.
In this CBT for Mental Wellness training course, you will learn how to:
Apply key concepts from cognitive & behavioural psychology.
Identify opportunities for your improvement and development.
Improve your communications and ability to influence people.
Differentiate between self-consciousness and self-awareness.
Establish appropriate, relevant and time-realistic goals.
Replace self-defeating thought patterns with more helpful ones.
Cultivate a positive mindset for tackling complicated problems.
And much, much more.
Mental wellness is significantly more than just the absence of mental illness. Ongoing, robust mental health requires the mind to remain focussed and positively engaged through acquiring new knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
The main ideas presented herein are inspired by a range of psychology-based theory, taken from the cognitive school of psychology (especially including teachings from Dr Aron Beck and Albert Ellis). Your teacher, Kain Ramsay, will explore a series of psychological concepts so that on completion, you’ll feel more than ready to apply what you learn right away.
Throughout this training course, you can anticipate obtaining an accurate comprehension of what causes human behaviour, and in turn, define the possible next steps you can take for advancing your mental wellness, personal growth and converting your goals into tangible outcomes.
Studying Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with Achology (Academy of Modern Applied Psychology) offers a comprehensive training solution. Our CBT for Mental Health and Wellness course is perfect for both novices and experienced professionals looking to refresh their skills.
You will get lifetime access to over 12.5hrs of video-based education, a full MP3 version of the course and also a range of downloadable additional course PDF resources.
There is no deadline for completing the course, and you can study it anytime, anywhere or from any device. You’re protected by a full money-back guarantee – which means that you can enrol on the course today, 100% risk-free.
- Discover how to introspect, self-reflect and generate a heightened state of self-awareness that allows for effective self-management.
- Determine the relationship between your beliefs (cognitions), your emotions, your decision making and automatic behaviour patterns.
- Understand time-honoured psychological principles and philosophical teachings that can be applied to foster self-awareness and maturity.
- Learn a straightforward process for becoming disciplined in your thinking and for taking complete control of your emotions and behaviours.
- Determine how to set goals in a way that will naturally inspire you to take ongoing action and drive your personal development and progression.
- Learn how to evaluate the correctness and accuracy of your perspective and general outlook on life – develop your social and people skills.
- PLUS: Access the Facebook group, ‘Principles Into Practice’ to connect with other learners to ask questions, collaborate and compare notes.
- This training course also comes with a list of book recommendations to help you further develop your understanding of the teachings herein.