In management the ability to communicate clearly and confidently is of key importance. This free course, Communication, management and your own context, looks at the role of language in management communication, and helps you identify areas of English language you may need to develop for work or when studying for a management qualification such as an MBA. It includes reading, writing, listening and speaking activities based on material related to the field of management, and encourages you to relate these to your own work context.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- identify language needs as a manager and as a management student
- understand how managers describe their business context
- describe managerial context in written and spoken form
- use some key management vocabulary
- learn about writing collaboratively.