Python is a popular and general purpose programming language that can be used for a variety of things like:
Scientific Computing / Data Science
FinTech and the Financial Industry
Connecting to databases
Flask is a small and lightweight Python web framework that provides useful tools and features that make creating web applications in Python easier. It gives developers flexibility and is a more accessible framework for new developers since you can build a web application quickly using only a single Python file. Flask is also extensible and doesn’t force a particular directory structure or require complicated boilerplate code before getting started.
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system . PostgreSQL allows to create databases and store data . It also allows you to interact with the data inside the database.
In this course we will create a web based application using Python and Flask and we will create and store objects inside a PostgreSQL database that will interact with our web application’s front end. We will also deploy the web application to the internet via heroku
- Build a web application with a database backend
- Deploy web application to the internet via heroku
- Create database and table with PostgreSQL
- Setup Flask development environment
- Create endpoints for a web application
- Render Templates
- Use conditional statements
- Use for loop to iterate over a list
- Create routes for web app