This course is designed for anyone with a good grounding in Python who wants to be able to work with data from CSV, XML or JSON files. We’ll cover:
Reading & writing CSV, XML and JSON files using the Python Standard Library
Reading & writing CSV files using pandas
Manipulating the data you’ve read in from these files
Getting JSON data from APIs
We will be covering these topics in lecture/demonstrations, which are followed by coding exercises and assignments to help you to solidify your learning.
- How to use Python to access data stored in text files in a variety of common formats.
- How to read and write comma-separated value (CSV) files using both the Python Standard Library and pandas.
- How to read and write eXtensible Markup Language (XML) files using the Python Standard Library.
- How to use standard Python features to process data retrieved from data files.
- How to set up a development environment to write data-access Python code.
- How to process JSON data received from an API.