Dealing With Criticism: The Assertive Way
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Learn how to transform criticism into opportunity and protect your self-confidence and self-esteem levels.
Manage Criticism Effectively through this Assertive Communication Strategy.
- Learn how to think about criticism in a way that protects your self-esteem and confidence levels and that allows you to regulate your emotional responses better
- Learn how to analyze critical messages and discover their growth potential
- Silence the critical noise and focus on the goals that truly matter to you
- Respond to criticism efficiently and enjoy healthier relationships
Unlock the mindset that allows you to live a more authentic, independent and satisfying life.
Largely accepted as the most efficient mindset and communication style, Assertiveness provides the best guidelines we know for dealing with most personal and professional contexts. Management of criticism makes no exception.
The 3-Stage Assertive Strategy exclusively presented in this course addresses the entire process, from thoughts to emotions to behaviors, and aims at providing a framework in which the individual thrives and transforms negative feedback into a powerful self-development tool.
Content and Overview
This course is suitable for anyone who would like to learn how to efficiently deal with Criticism, protect their self-confidence and self-esteem levels and discover the growth potential hidden in negative feedback.
Drawing on the multi-dimensional character of Assertiveness, the course addresses the activation of the assertive traits on three main levels: cognitive, emotional and behavioral, thus creating an extended framework for understanding, analyzing and responding to criticism.
The course is divided in two parts: An introductory, theoretical segment, in which we will take a close look at what criticism is, what personal and social roles does it hold in our lives, the forms in which it gets delivered to us and what efficient and inefficient reactions to criticism look like. The second part is a more practical one and it is where you will discover, step-by-step, The Assertive Strategy For Dealing With Criticism.
The Assertive Strategy For Dealing With Criticism includes three Stages -
The Attitude toward Criticism, Analyzing The Critical Message and Responding to Criticism, each of them comprising more steps to help create and activate the cognitive, emotional or behavioral traits that generate the most efficient responses to negative feedback.
Three specific Assertive Communication Techniques for dealing with justified and unjustified criticism are provided at the end of the course.
Then you will be ready to start implementing the Assertive Strategy, focus on the meaningful, silence the useless critical noise and activate your resources to create the life you want.
- Use assertiveness techniques to deal with criticism in personal and professional communication contexts.
- Know how to prepare your mind to assertively receive criticism.
- Analyze the critical messages from an assertive perspective.
- Formulate assertive responses to criticism.
- Identify the main roles of criticism.
- Identify the main forms of criticism.
- Discriminate between passive, aggressive and assertive reactions to criticism.