Defensive Stock Investing Via Quantitative Modeling In Excel
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN THIS COURSE
Fully completed model file that you can use for live investing or improve on.
Over 6 hours of lectures developed by professionals with more than 30 years of joint experience in the asset management, hedge fund, and banking industry.
Practice sheets on financial mathematics and excel functions with solutions.
Guided step-by-step model building process complete with templates.
Free Excel-based resources (from the web) to download price data from yahoo finance in bulk.
Unlimited lifetime access anywhere, anytime. Learn at your convenience.
Full 30-day money-back guarantee. No questions asked.
Prompt online Q&A support where you can pose your questions to us.
THE COMMON CHALLENGE
Do you think professional methods of investing are beyond your reach because it involves a state of the art infrastructure, rocket science, and huge amount of money?
Have you tried replicating someone else's trading style and method only to end up with drastically different or inconsistent results?
Do you find it difficult to implement investment strategies that you learned because (a) you have no confidence about it, (b) you still don't know how to execute it, and/or (c) you have no time?
THIS COURSE WILL CHANGE YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE APPROACH TO INVESTING.
We will teach you in-depth a defensive stock investing approach known as Trend Following, from concept to implementation, whose principles are used among hedge fund professionals. This strategy is capable of creating stock portfolios that are resilient during bear markets as compared to the broad stock market. After the course, you will be able to Do-It-Yourself.
Trend Following is a powerful quantitative strategy that is grounded in well-established principles and common sense. There are no chart reading, no thick annual reports, no constant monitoring of market news, and no forecasting.
All investment decisions are driven by the model we will build in this course. The completed model requires less than 5 minutes of your time to update. A good understanding of the strategy through hands-on learning will keep your discipline in check and prevent you from falling prey to emotions during times of market stress. The result is consistency.
We will build the model up in Excel using in-built Excel functions. No programming experience is required. Neither do we need expensive tools or data subscriptions. We will use only free resources.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Why buying and holding stocks is riskier than it looks.
What are the criteria to look at when choosing stocks universe?
What is the concept and rationale behind trend following?
How to use critical Excel functions e.g. data lookup, logic operators, math and statistical functions, etc.
What is the intuition and math behind key financial concepts, e.g. returns, volatility, etc, and how to implement them on Excel?
Where and how to get price data.
How to model a buy and hold portfolio.
How to incorporate transaction costs, borrowing costs, and leverage into the model.
How to calculate key performance metrics and create a performance analytics worksheet for tracking model performance.
How to create a dashboard to extract and display key information for making investment decisions.
An investment in the right education is one of the best investments one can make. The earlier you start, the better you will be in the future. So take action now and ENROLL IN THIS COURSE!
- Learn about quantitative Investing & how it is different from conventional methods of investing
- Master the science and art of building a defensive stock portfolio that is resilient during bear markets
- Know the pitfalls of buying and holding a pure stock portfolio
- Know the criteria to choose the right stocks universe for trend following
- Master an established quantitative method used in hedge funds called Trend Following to trade stocks
- Understand how Trend Following works and why it is adaptive to market conditions
- Know both the strengths and weaknesses in Trend Following
- Use critical Excel lookup, logic, math and statistical functions required for modeling in this course
- Understand the intuition, math and know how to implement financial concepts such as Returns and Risk
- Know how to model a buy and hold portfolio
- Know what are the transaction costs involved and how to incorporate them into the model
- Understand the concept of leverage and how we can use it to boost our returns
- Learn how to incorporate leverage and borrowing costs into the model
- Learn the concept and math behind key investment performance metrics such as Sharpe Ratio
- Know how to operate the Trend Following model