Depression Awareness Diploma
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31 £100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Introduction to the Depression Awareness DiplomaThe Depression Awareness Diploma course will give students the opportunity to learn about this common mental health condition. The course is filled with information that is not only appropriate for those who have depression and want to learn more about it, but also for those who know or love people with depression, and how their loved ones can best be helped. This is also an excellent course for anyone who is interested in getting into the counselling or psychology field. Depression is not easy to treat, and there are a number of methods that can be attempted after a diagnosis has been made. This course explains all of the traditional treatments for depression, as well as alternative and self-help treatments. Additionally, the course explains the different types of depression, how depression affects one’s life, and what events or actions might trigger depression. This course is an online training course that allows students to study when it is convenient for them. Many who take this course remain working their full-time job, which allows them to not only achieve the goal of learning more about depression, but also allows them to stay on top of their responsibilities. Those who take the depression course can access the material from any device that can connect to the internet, and online support is available during the training. When completing the course, you will take a test, and upon passing, will receive a diploma that can be printed at home. We can also send a copy of the diploma to you for a fee.
What You Will LearnThe depression diploma course has been created to give people a full overview of the mental health disorder. The information learned in the course will help in both personal and professional situations. This course covers:
- An introduction to depression
- The causes of depression
- Depression myths
- The symptoms of depression, including social, physical and psychological
- The different types of depression
- How to help someone with depression
- Traditional depression treatments
- Alternative depression treatments
- Self-help for depression
- How to identify the triggers of depression
- Lifestyle changes that can benefit depression
- Life after depression
- Resources in the UK to help one cope with depression
Benefits of the Depression Awareness Diploma CourseThere are several benefits of completing the depression course online. These are:
- The opportunity to study wherever you wish and at any time, even at home, after work or in your lunch break.
- The option to study at a pace that is easy for you, as there is no set time limit for the course.
- The ability to study from any device that connects to the internet, including tablets, mobile phones and computers.
- A course structure that is easy to understand, thanks to the small modules.
- Available online support, when required.
- A full, detailed syllabus, which ensures that you get all of the knowledge required to understand depression and to support those who have depression. This can be used in both your professional and personal life.
- Improving work and volunteer prospects, especially when working in the psychological field.
- Affordable pricing.
- A certified diploma that is recognised in the industry.