Welcome to easy watercolor paintings; the absolute best beginner course for learning basic fundamentals and developing quality techniques.
This watercolor course is designed to start you at the very beginning and ease our way into a series of easy watercolor projects that will make you grin from ear-to-ear. You will be amazed at your results so make room on the fridge for the new artwork!
Lessons are grouped into three sections; getting started, basic techniques and projects.
Getting started: we will go over materials, affordable brushes, paper quality, color mixing basics, prepping paper, resizing paper and good palette management.
Basic techniques: you will learn the three common mixtures, layering basics, explore brushwork techniques, managing water, working with wet washes and various skills.
Easy painting projects: you will put your skills to the test and complete a series of paintings. Each project is designed to use certain techniques and skills. It’s a great way to bring all the lessons together and create some easy, approachable artwork.
- The best affordable brushes
- How to manage your palette and avoid wasting dry paint
- How to resize paper and retain the rough edge(s)
- How to prep paper so that it reduces the buckling when painting
- Learn color mixing basics using six primary palette
- How to create the four common washes
- Learn the three mixtures and how to layer them properly
- Learn various brushwork techniques
- Learn how water impacts the painting process
- Tips on how to work into wet paint
- Various techniques such as softening edges, lifting and scraping wet, or dry, paint
- How to employ basic techniques to create colorful artwork
- How to paint simple landscapes using previously discussed techniques
- How to create easy painting that will help build confidence
- Learn the essential watercolor skills that you can easily apply to your own subjects