Education Research That Matters: Ways of Researching
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
Learn about key education research methods and how to use them
Connecting insights from existing research to practice and building on this to design realistic and high-quality research projects can be challenging. Understanding research methods is crucial to making this simpler.
On this course, you’ll get a grounding in the key research methods used in education research and consider the benefits and pitfalls of different methods.
You’ll engage critically with research methods that will help you to be better informed when reading research and better able to select the best methods to use when designing research in your own setting.
What topics will you cover?
- Week 1. Qualitative and action research - doing education research with teachers and children.
- Week 2. Quantitative methods and statistical analysis - interrogate school performance.
- Week 3. Research synthesis and review - using different approaches synthesis and review to support evidence-based practice.
- Week 4. Mixed methods and interdisciplinary research - engaging with the ‘Science of Learning’.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is for teachers working in early years, primary, secondary and further education settings. It would also be of interest to other education professionals.