Experiment with and develop your leadership style and practice
On this second course in the Edward Jenner Leadership for Veterinary Professionals program, you’ll explore the ways that your leadership impacts others.
You’ll discover key concepts like power in the workplace and learn about leadership models and styles.
You’ll explore inclusivity in the workplace and learn ways that you can be a more inclusive leader.
This course will equip you with the fundamental leadership knowledge you need to grow your leadership skills as a veterinarian, so you are more able to take on the challenges of daily life working in the veterinary sector.
What topics will you cover?
- An introduction to the method of study
- Understand more about ‘self’ and how we interpret and impact the world around us
- Understand your bias and how to develop more inclusive leadership practice
- Discover how the way you see the world around you impacts how you act
- Understand the role of care in leadership
- Understand ‘power’ and how it shows up in the workplace
- Experiment with influencing styles
- Understand distributed and heroic leadership models
- Develop adaptive leadership practices
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone working in the veterinary sector but has been created with newly practising veterinary professionals in mind.
It will be especially helpful to those who are new to leadership in the workplace.
Who developed the course?
NHS Leadership Academy
Our purpose is to work with our partners to deliver excellent leadership across the NHS to have a direct impact on patient care.
Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
Setting, upholding and advancing the educational, ethical and clinical standards of veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses.