Learn what affects employee engagement and motivation
What do engaged and motivated employees look like? And what about disengaged and demotivated employees?
Get answers on this course about employee engagement, where you will start by considering existing definitions of engagement and motivation. You will gain insight into the key factors linked to motivation and engagement, and question the causes of employee demotivation and disengagement – whether it is the job itself or individual personality traits.
You will also examine the differences between face-to-face and virtual teams by considering communication and trust.
What topics will you cover?
• The definitions of the concepts of motivation and engagement at work
• The key factors (both internal and external) that lead to employee motivation and engagement
• The role of job design (eg the job characteristics model) in relation to motivation and engagement
• The relationship between personality traits and employee engagement and motivation
• The difference between face-to-face and virtual teams’ motivation and engagement levels, which will allow you to discuss communication and trust
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to gain a better understanding of engagement and motivation in the workplace. It’s suitable for professional development.
The course is also part of the MSc Business and Organisational Psychology, accredited by the Association for Business Psychology.
Who developed the course?
Coventry secured gold in the UK Government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and is University of the Year for Student Experience in The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.