End of Life Care Certificate
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31 £100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
End of Life Care CertificateAs a person approaches the end of their life, palliative or end of life care is crucial. Carers strive to keep the patient comfortable and as pain free as possible, while also providing important emotional, psychological and social support. They must develop a unique set of skills to provide this support to both the patient and their families. This course provides a comprehensive overview of end of life care. The course begins by giving a general overview of end of life care, along with outlining the roles and responsibilities of carers. The course also reviews the feelings and emotions that run high during this difficult time and tells you how to provide the type of support different patients need.
You Will Learn:-
- Exactly what end of life care entails and the roles and responsibilities of those employed as or serving the role of a carer.
- The feelings and emotions that are experienced by patients and those felt by their loved ones.
- The various patterns of dying and how you can provide support regardless of pattern.
- An overview of the dying process, along with what to expect shortly before death, putting you in a better position to prepare loved ones.
- The specific types of support you are required to provide.
- What steps you should take following death to ensure respectful aftercare.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about the roles you must fill as an end of life carer.
- Gaining insight into the feelings and emotions experienced by those close to end of life situations, including patients and their loved ones.
- Understanding the various patterns of dying and learning how to support patients and their loved ones throughout each one.
- Acquiring information about the dying process, including how you can prepare family members and loved ones.
- Gaining important information about the specific types of support carers are required to provide.