English Conversation Pro: Become a Great Communicator
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Do you want to speak English more fluently? Maybe you want to improve your score on an interview test? Or you want to be more confident in everyday conversations? Do you want to become a "conversation pro"?!
This course will help you! The course is designed to help you become a more fluent, confident, and engaged speaker of English. You can do it – you can become more fluent, more confident, and more engaged. That's what it means to be a "pro".
I’m Dr. Michael Rost. I’m your instructor for this course. I'm a linguist and a language teacher, and a researcher. Over the course of my career I’ve had the opportunity to observe many successful learners, in many different countries.
These successful learners are not more intelligent or more privileged than other learners. But they ARE more “motivated” – they have a strong desire to learn. And beyond motivation, they have discovered some “secrets” of successful learning.
I’ve been able to identify these “secrets.” Not exactly secrets, but strategies and study habits and memory “tricks” that successful language learners use. And I’d like to share those “secrets”, so that you too can become a Super Learner and a "conversation pro".
In this course, we focus on the topic of work. We focus on five questions:
1. Do you have a job now? What is your job?
2. Why did you choose this job?
3. Do you get along well with your colleagues? What is the key to getting along with colleagues?
4. Do you plan to keep this job?
5. How has technology changed the way we work?
We will listen to three different interviews, where the students are asked these same five questions. And we’re going to focus on their communication strategies. And then we’re going to follow up with some study skills in pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary.
Welcome to the course.
Let’s get started.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner English speakers
- Intermediate English speakers
- Advanced English speakers
- Students studying for English interview tests
- 10:39Episode 1
- 4 questionsCheck Your Understanding of Episode 1
- 06:43Episode 2
- 5 questionsCheck Your Understanding of Episode 2
- 07:16Episode 3
- 4 questionsCheck Your Understanding of Episode 3
- 09:54Episode 4
- 1 questionCheck Your Understanding
- 04:10Review and Consolidate
Dr. Michael Rost, Ph.D. in linguistics, is a well-known language learning expert, author, and public speaker. He has over 30 years of teaching, researching, and teacher training experience in 15 different countries. He has written over 20 articles and books on second language learning and has created several successful language learning series for English language learners. Dr. Rost designed the SuperLearner Fluency Course for Lingual Net to help you become confident and fluent when you speak English.