Equality, Diversity and Discrimination Certificate
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31 £100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Equality, Diversity and DiscriminationThe law on equality, diversity and discrimination has changed in recent years. Public bodies and businesses alike are now required to take steps to ensure that they do not treat people in any of nine protected categories unfairly, and legislation has defined six types of discrimination that employers have a responsibility to guard against. Whether you are an employee or a business owner, this course will serve as a useful introduction to the subject and will raise your awareness of the issues around it.
You Will Learn:
- What is meant by each of the words “equality”, “diversity” and “discrimination”.
- Some of the different types of discrimination and the meaning of positive action.
- The difference between positive action and positive discrimination.
- How our own values and beliefs come to be and how they impact on the way we treat others.
- How institutional discrimination can become embedded in organisations and how it can be reversed.
- The implications of the Equality Act 2010 on businesses and individuals.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will develop an understanding of the broad scope of the Equality Act and some of the obligations that it places on businesses and individuals.
- You will discover how to make your own workplace more inclusive.
- You will learn how to spot the various types of discrimination.
- If you work for, or run a business in the UK, or you intend to do either, then this course will help you to understand these issues, comply with the law and foster a happier, more collaborative workplace.