Academic Essay writing for university and IELTS students
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
This video series will teach you how to structure a coherent, logical essay.
This course has a workbook with 10 activities which you are invited to completed as you watch the videos. The activities will teach you the techniques needed to create a coherent and structured essay.
This video series will provide cover the following key concepts:
What is an essay?
How to use mind maps to improve the
structure of your essay.
How to conduct research.
Different reading strategies.
Brainstorming and planning.
Overview of planning and organizing
Linear essay plan
Complete Workbook Activity 1 – 4 in the workbook
How to structure paragraphs
How to write a topic sentence
Explaining the key terms: Analyse / compare/ discuss / describe / critique / evaluate / justify
Complete Workbook Activities 5 and 6
How to write an excellent introduction
Complete Workbook activity Activity 7
How to structure and the Main Body of the essay
Linking words to improve the flow of your essay
How to write a conclusion
Complete Workbook Activity 8
General points about writing an essay. Omissions and common mistakes made.
Points about a good essay
Write your first draft of the essay
Complete Workbook Activity 10
- You will learn key skills, techniques and tools needed to write an academic essay
- You will learn about mind maps for brainstorming their ideas
- You will learn about linear essay plan to help them create essays with a structured logical order
- You will learn how to formulate paragraphs, with topic sentences, evidence and opinion and linking words
- You will learn how to write topic sentences
- You will learn how to create balanced arguments
- You will learn how to make their essay coherent, logical and have a clear flow
- You will learn about signposting statements
- You will learn how to provide evidence to support their arguments
- You will learn how to write a good introduction
- You will learn how to write the main body of the essay
- You Learn how to write a conclusion
- You will learn linking words to improve the flow of the essay
- You will have a workbook designed to help them structure their essay. There are 10 activities. They will create mind maps, linear essay plan and they will get a template to help them create coherent well structured paragraphs . They will write an introduction a main body and conclusion for an essay title i set
- You see examples of good introductions and conclusions
- You will learn the context of the words analyse, evaluate, justify, critique