Excel: From beginner to intermediate
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
What do others like you think of this course?
"Prior to doing this course Excel has always scared the heck out of me! I never expected to learn so much and am amazed by all the things that can be done using excel. It's so much more than just formulas! The course is really well presented and makes the whole learning experience comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you so much for putting together such a great course. I've already signed up to the intermediate to advanced excel course and I look forward to learning more about Microsoft Word in the future too... I imagine there are all orts of neat little tricks that I had no idea about!" -- Adam Shipley
"Phillip is a brilliant teacher of Excel . His explanations are clear , in-depth and very comprehensive" - xlongFx
"Awesome organization of course and well presented. I really loved the course. Of course as I am using excel for many years in work I was quite aware and using many features, but there are many details which helped me to polish my excel skills." - Manjunath Hirennavar
In this 11 hour course, learn how to:
Create and manage worksheets and workbooks
Create and navigate in Excel worksheets and workbooks,
Format worksheets and workbooks,
Customize options and views, and
Configure Excel worksheets and workbooks for distribution.
Manage data cells and ranges
Insert data into and format cells and ranges, and
Summarise and organize data in Excel .
Create and manage tables,
Manage table styles and options, and
Filter and sort a table.
Perform operations with Excel formulas and functions
Perform conditional operations, and
Format and modify text.
Excel Formulas such as COUNTIF, SUMIF, MIN etc. are translated into 15 different languages.
Create charts and objects
Format graphic elements, and
Insert and format objects in Excel .
The course will take about 10 hours to complete, plus will you need additional time to test yourselves to ensure that you have learned the necessary skills.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to develop your Microsoft Excel skills.
- This course will use the latest version of Excel 2019, but is ideal for you if you use any modern version - Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or 365.
- This course is also for you if you use an older version of Microsoft Excel, but want to learn the newer versions.
- This course is for you if you want to become certified in Microsoft Excel, as by the end you should the knowledge to because certified as a Microsoft specialist, if you wish to do so.
- You will cover the content tested in the Microsoft Office Specialist exams including Exam 77-727 (for Excel 2016 Core)
- This course may not be for you if you want to learn Microsoft Excel for Macintosh computers.
- 00:35Welcome to Udemy
- 02:00Introduction to Udemy
- 02:48Creating new blank workbooks
- 09:25Entering data
- 05:45An introduction to fonts and highlighting
- 04:31Saving and closing your workbook
- 00:17Practice Activity Number 1
- 02:49Practice Activity Number 1 - The Solution
- 06:07Creating new workbooks using templates
- 07:16Menus and toolbars
- 03:49Managing multiple workbooks
- 09:49Importing files and Opening non-native files directly in Excel
- 03:01Adding worksheets to existing workbooks
- 06:11Copying and moving worksheets, and changing spreadsheet order
- 09:25Saving workbooks in alternate file formats
- 04:38Maintaining backward compatibility
- 01:52Saving files to remote locations
- 05:40Using basic operators
- 06:10Order of operations
- 03:38How to enter numbers and dates in Excel
- 10:39Referencing cell ranges in formulas
- 01:57Solution to the above exercise
- 00:45Practice Activity Number 2
- 04:42Practice Activity Number 2 - Solution
- 03:34End of Level 1
- 05:21Searching for data within a workbook
- 04:51Using Go To and Using Name Box
- 02:49Hot Keys
- 03:29Changing worksheet tab colour
- 05:34Inserting and deleting columns and rows
- 04:19Undo and Redo
- 04:36File Management tips
- 03:44Adjusting row height and column width
- 03:21Hiding columns and rows
- 02:36Selecting multiple ranges
- 00:24Practice Activity Number 3
- 03:02Practice Activity Number 3 - Solution
- 02:53Hiding worksheets
- 02:41Customising the Quick Access toolbar
- 05:27Customising the Ribbon
- 02:10Assigning shortcut keys
- 05:14Recording simple macros
- 07:33Managing macro security
- 03:05Changing workbook views
- 02:02Using zoom
- 03:10Adding values to workbook properties
- 02:16Displaying formulas
- 03:35Freezing panes
- 02:17Splitting the window
- 00:33Practice Activity Number 4
- 03:22Practice Activity Number 4 - The Solution
- 02:35Printing individual worksheets
- 01:50Printing an entire workbook and printing a selection
- 03:07Setting a print area
- 04:25Page setup, Part 1 (first two tabs)
- 02:29Page setup, Part 2 (Repeating headers and footers)
- 02:35Adding dynamic text to headers and footers
- 03:58Inserting watermarks
- 05:10Page setup, Part 3 (Headings etc.)
- 02:20Configuring workbooks to print
- 04:15Inspecting your workbook prior to distribution
- 00:26Practice Activity Number 5
- 02:20Practice Activity Number 5 - The Solution
- 07:36Copying and pasting basics, and Utilising references (relative, mixed, absolute)
- 02:08Practice Activity - multiplication table
- 04:21Answer - multiplication table
- 03:06End of Level 2
Phillip is a Computing Consultant providing expert services in the development of computer systems and data analysis. He is a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist. He has also been certified as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert for Business Intelligence, Microsoft Office 2010 Master, and as a Microsoft Project 2013 Specialist.
He enjoys investigating data, which allows him to maintain up to date and pro-active systems to help control and monitor day-to-day activities. He has also developed expertise and programmes to catalogue and process and control electronic data, large quantities of paper or electronic data for structured analysis and investigation.
He is one of 9 award winning Experts for Experts Exchange's 11th Annual Expert Awards and was one of Expert Exchange's top 10 experts for the first quarter of year 2015.
His interests are working with data, including Microsoft Excel, Access and SQL Server.
Filecats is dedicated to creating video courses on Udemy in a variety of computer-related topics, such as SQL in its different dialects and Microsoft Office.
Are you wanting to a new skill from the beginning? Or are you wanting to build on an existing skill? In either case, welcome.
Our courses are available on Udemy at any time, so you can watch them whenever you like, as often as you like.
For many of our courses, if you master the skills taught, you are able (if you wish) to take (and hopefully pass) the official certification offered by Microsoft, Tableau or other companies. Wouldn't that look good on your CV or resume?
This could make the difference between getting a promotion, or a more rewarding job.
Filecats courses are dedicated to enabling you to succeed.