Exploring Cancer Medicines
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
This course will introduce you to the topic of cancer chemotherapy, and how the development of effective medications for the treatment of cancer remains a significant challenge to scientists.
You will research the use and development of cancer medicines, focusing on chemotherapy. In addition, through an exploration of how science is communicated to the general public, you will also look at the skills you need to become an effective science writer.
What topics will you cover?
- The history of cancer medicines with a focus on cancer chemotherapy.
- The sources of information to use when researching cancer medicines.
- Important developments that led to the discovery of modern chemotherapeutics.
- How developments in cancer medicines are reported in the news.
- Modern perspectives of cancer chemotherapy.
- An overview of new approaches to cancer treatment.
- Telling the story: research and write a blog post about future directions in cancer medicines.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.