Food Safety Level 2
Guaranteed food safety is the foundation on which every food serving establishment is based on. If that guarantee is non-existent, then we risk the lives of employees and consumers. It is imperative that we learn and practise proper food safety at all levels of the business. In the Level 1 course, we covered the general information that all should know for food safety and hygiene.
In Level 2, we explore the depths of each area that has an impact on food safety. We begin with refreshing your knowledge of contamination then delve into cross contamination, food poisoning and other food related illnesses. This is followed by a discussion about personal hygiene, work area sanitisation, proper food storage and legal obligations of businesses in the food industry. Finally, we identify legal issues that may arise from improper food safety, giving you additional tips to help prevent legal issues.
You Will Learn:
- The various food safety hazards and their causes, specifically food poisoning and food related illnesses
- How personal hygiene, work area and storage cleanliness affect food safety
- Legal obligations of food safety for industry professionals
- Measures and tips to maintain HACCP and Food Standards Agency criteria
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Build competence and understanding of various food safety hazards
- Learn the importance of proper food handling and preparation, as well as, personal hygiene, work environment cleanliness and storage
- Understand the importance of food hygiene, associated food safety hazards, good hygiene practice and controls based upon an awareness of food safety management systems
- Recognise the importance of food safety for industry professionals
- Understand the legal obligations of food safety compliance
- You will have an understanding of how to maintain good food hygiene practices which meet the assessment standards of the Food Standards Agency and enforcement