Global Anti-bribery and Corruption Certificate
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31£100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Global Anti-bribery and CorruptionBribery and corruption are massive problems facing almost every industry across the globe. These unethical business practices can create unfair competition, and they are also against UK and international legislation. There are huge consequences for those individuals who fail to implement proper policies and procedures, especially in high-risk companies and industries. In fact, simply failing to have ‘adequate procedures’ in place can put the company involved at risk of criminal prosecution. Understanding more about local and international anti-bribery and corruption rules, laws and regulations can help ensure that your company is compliant and continues to run ethically. This course provides you with detailed information regarding global anti-bribery and corruption rules and polices, with a focus on the importance of compliance with both international laws and the UK Bribery Act 2010. The course begins by defining bribery and corruption. Next, it discusses the difference between bribes and gifts, to ensure that you remain on the right side of the law in this respect. It then moves on to talk about the six principles of anti-bribery that all organisations must keep in mind. Finally, we review additional bribery and corruption prevention tactics.
You will Learn:
- Examples and definitions of bribes and corruption as they relate to politics and business.
- How a gift is different form a bribe and when to tell which you are giving/receiving.
- The importance of policies coming from the top-down, especially when it comes to corruption.
- Why you need to ensure that you clearly communicate these policies to all staff members.
- How focusing on running an ethical business can prevent bribery and corruption from occurring.
- The importance of proper record keeping and bookkeeping.
Benefits of taking this Course
- Understanding how bribery and corruption are treated in the UK, as well as across the globe.
- What to do if you are uncertain if you are giving/receiving a gift or a bribe.
- Understanding the importance of ongoing due diligence.
- Learning why communication and education are the best ways in which to avoid bribery and corruption.
- Learning more about ethical business practices.