Handling Conflicts in High-Value Relationships
Conflict is an inevitable part of any relationship. No matter how much we like or even love another person, we will not be in full agreement all of the time. Unfortunately, most people have never been taught how to handle arguments or resolve disputes.
This course is packed with practical tips and strategies to help you understand another person’s point of view, work together to come up with viable solutions and hold constructive conversations that will strengthen your relationships.
You Will Learn:
- Why listening is key to conflict resolution, and how to further your understanding via active listening techniques
- How to see a situation from another person’s point of view by using a three-point strategy
- How to successfully negotiate and reach an amicable compromise
- The differences between assertive, passive, passive-aggressive and aggressive behaviour, and how to use positive ‘I’ statements to communicate your point of view
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- This course will empower you to deal with conflict in every area of your life, thereby lowering your stress levels and improving your relationships, both at work and at home
- If you work in a mediating role, this course will help you assist clients in working through conflict
- If you work in a high-stress environment with difficult customers, the skills you will learn in this course will improve your job satisfaction
- If you are interested in a career as a counsellor or family therapist, this course will provide you with a useful insight into interpersonal conflict
- This course will improve your general confidence, as you will be secure in the knowledge that you can handle any form of conflict