Hands-On Microsoft Access 2019
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Microsoft Access 2019 is an information management tool that stores information and, arguably, helps manage data more efficiently than other spreadsheet apps. It is an ideal and particularly useful tool for small-to-medium-sized (SME) businesses.
This will be a practical, beginner-level course with hands-on, real-world examples you can use as models for your own activities. Beginning with a quick introduction to an example Access database, you will cover the core concepts, interface, and terminology you need to get started. You will then master the key components of data query management; forms to help you view, add, edit, and even delete data in a controlled environment. Then, you will publish your data with the help of built-in reporting, and move on to work with RDBMS concepts relating to ‘joins’ and why they’re important. You’ll find out how to automate your Access database by creating and applying macros and learn about VBA programming and how it’s used with Access.
By the end of the course, you will be confident in your new skills in Microsoft Access 2019 to improve productivity, and data visualization.
About the Author
Ben Beitler is a highly proficient software developer and consultant with over 25 years’ experience of database design and implementation of CRM management systems, and bespoke applications using VBA (mainly Excel spreadsheets and Access databases).
He has successfully run several businesses, including desktop training, consultancy, and development in Access and Excel ranging from small to the larger companies including Ford, Toyota, HSBC, Barclays, PWC, Deloitte, Sage, and many others.
Even though he is based in the UK, he has provided consultancy services and developed systems with software specialists as far afield as Australia.
- How and why Access provides an ideal solution to store, manage, and manipulate data, whilst keeping it all in one place and synchronized with your daily activities
- Core fundamentals of building simple-to-use queries that help you get the answers you need from your data
- Create great-looking forms for end users to submit and view data in easy-to-use layouts
- Build simple-to-use (and simple-to-visualize) reports for publication to meet the needs of all stakeholders in your organization
- Automate parts of a database with the aid of macros and VBA code for ease of use without learning to be a programmer
- Create links with other applications using simple import and export features
- Handle back-end database administrative tasks for maintaining data and objects in Access