Hermeneutics: Principles of Interpreting the Bible
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Do you desire to have a better understanding of the Bible? Would you like to be able to handle God's word with confidence? If so, this course is for you!
Hermeneutics is the branch of Christian theology that deals with how we interpret the Bible. This course takes you through the important principles that must be followed in order to interpret and understand God's word correctly. You will be equipped to better understand the Bible and to handle it with confidence. Pastors and ministers will also be better equipped to preach / teach from the Bible with greater accuracy.
This course covers:
- What the Bible is
- Why there are so many translations
- Pre-requisites of biblical interpretation
- The importance of context, historical setting, and a passage's geography
- Figures of speech and features of biblical poetry
- Drawing out the intended meaning of a passage (exegesis) vs reading into a passage a meaning that is not there (eisegesis)
- Understanding why a particular book in the Bible was written, and how this informs interpretation
- Comparing your understanding of a passage with what the rest of the Bible teaches
This course also includes an electronic copy of my book, 'Making Sense of the Bible'.
- You will be able to apply sound hermeneutical principles when studying the Bible
- You will have a better understanding of the Bible
- You will be able to handle God's word correctly
- You will be able to represent God more accurately
- You will be able to teach / preach from the Bible more accurately