“I know the basics of painting, now please show me a painting from start to finish in detail.”
This was the request I received from a new student who had completed my course How to Add Power to Your Painting Instantly. I had the answer for her. Watch me paint a landscape in detail! She loved the lesson and I resolved to prepare a short course on this approach for my online students too.
But I do have one favour to request. Please take this course slowly. I go into detail explaining the concept of light for artists. How to use pigment to create the illusion of light. I also spend a lot more time showing brushwork and little details here and there. This is not a quick fix in one hour. So if you do not like long lessons then break them up into ten minutes here and there.
If you are a beginner please do my course Learn to Paint with Impact first as the foundation there will help you gain the most from this course.
And of course try the lesson out for yourself. Painting better requires honest hard work. There it is.
What do you receive?
I focus on a landscape painting from start to finish. In much more detail and a wider scope of learning. We are going beyond the basics here. You will benefit from learning:
- How color should be approached in a landscape painting. Not color theory, but color practice!
- How to use your colors and palette like a pro;
- What to follow in a photo reference and what to avoid;
- Making a strong start to your painting;
- Developing shapes and color;
- Make decisions about light and color and content that will help your painting.
- Know when to persist
- Know when to stop
That is what makes an artist produce consistent work of higher quality. You can take this lesson and apply it regularly to your painting. After some time your painting will develop beyond hobby level. This is painting at a level where you can decorate your home and those of your own art fans.
Who Am I?
I’m Malcolm Dewey, a professional artist and writer. I paint contemporary impressionist style paintings of landscapes, figure studies and expressive portraits. I mostly paint in oils and watercolor. I have been painting for over twenty years and sell my paintings, host workshops and of course, teach online.
Join me and learn the fine details of fine art landscape painting.
- Paint a landscape scene with confidence.
- Have a practical understanding of color in paintings.
- Confidently assess color and values in a subject.
- Use a variety of brushstrokes.
- Mix excellent and natural colors.