In this course we will cover every element of video production from pre-production tips and tricks to post production solutions. For any person considering a career in the video production business this is for you. Here is a detailed breakdown of the various topics we will cover:
- What does a producer do?
- Where does a producer sit in a typical organisation & salary?
- Creating an online video strategy
- Making stories
- Deconstructing a brief/pitch
- How to have a creative brainstorm
- Sources of inspiration
- The video length myth
- Targeting an audience
- Budget and ROI
- Planning a shoot
- Choosing talent/influencers/working with agents
- Choosing a location
- Choosing a crew
- Creating shareable content
- What is a call sheet?
- How to design a studio (colourama’s for mobile)
- Schedule of the shoot day
- What frame size should I use? 16×9, 1×1 or 9×16
- Shot list & storyboard
- What is a risk assessment & do I need insurance? (Insurance & public liability)
- Think from the edit
- What type of kit should we use?
- Multi-camera shoots vs single camera
- Multi-unit filming
- On-location vs Studio filming
- Interactive content – clickable stories
- Live filming
- Long-form vs short-form
- Filming abroad
- Backing up footage on-location
- Errors during filming (sound interruptions, sets collapsing, etc)
- Why use a film slate?
- Using green screens
- Should I hide the mic?
- Filming stunts & special effects
- Location & content release forms
- BECTU, BVE, NAB, IBC, & other sources of information
- Why the edit is so important
- A brief history of editing
- What editing software to use? Adobe Premiere, Final Cut X, avid
- Managing media – folder structure
- Codecs/Ingesting/transcoding footage & what export setting should I use?
- What music should I use? Places for good royalty free music. Mood, tone of edit.
- Should I add subtitles?
- Using other peoples copyright
- What is optimising content?
- At the end of the course you should be able to understand the full process of how professional video content is produced, from pre-production to publishing