Using third-party tools to perform Exchange-to-O365 migrations can be extremely costly, especially for small businesses with very little IT budget available. Using the FREE native tools that Microsoft provides vastly reduces hard costs, but using them can be confusing. As such, I’ve authored this outstanding course on performing an Express Migration from an on-prem Exchange environment to Office 365 by leveraging a Minimal Hybrid solution.
In this course, the student will learn how to prepare for (and perform) an Express Migration from an on-premises Microsoft Exchange 2013 server to Office 365 / Exchange Online using a Minimal Hybrid approach.
Topics covered include:
- Adding and Verifying Domains in O365
- Preparing Active Directory for the Migration
- Preparing the On-Premises Exchange Organization for Migration
- Deploying and Running the Hybrid Migration Wizard
- Deploying and Configuring Azure AD Connect
- Migrating Mailboxes to O365 via the Native EAC
- Performing the Cutover to O365
- Re-Routing Email to Office 365
- Assigning Licenses to O365 Users
- Post-Migration Tasks & Cleanup
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to successfully plan, prepare for, and perform an Express Migration from Exchange 2013 to Office 365 using a Minimal Hybrid approach.
- Students will learn how to prepare for, deploy, and configure a minimal hybrid solution and how to leverage it to perform an express migration of mailboxes from Exchange 2013 to O365.
- Students will learn how to add a domain to O365 and how to verify it.
- Students will learn how to prepare Active Directory for hybrid connectivity with O365.
- Students will learn what the Hybrid Configuration Wizard is and how to run it.
- Students will learn how to install and configure Azure AD Connect and how to sync users into O365.
- Students will learn how to make correct DNS changes to facilitate a hybrid solution.
- Students will learn how to use the Remote Connectivity Analyzer to confirm preparation for a hybrid solution.