This course teaches the 5 key steps that you need to follow when you are confronted by an angry person. There are certain strategies, tools, and techniques you need to use in order to effectively calm an angry person down, and certain approaches you must avoid at all costs.
You will learn what changes take place to a person who becomes angry and why it is so important to calm that person down before you try to enter into conversation with them. This course teaches you how to do this. The steps shared in this course are often taught to customer service staff.
Take on board the learnings, and practice in a safe environment, and you’ve be amazed and delighted with your new found confidence and abilities when next having to deal with an angry person.
My suggestion is not to rush your way through this course. Systematically practice the different strategies as you are introduced to them. For this you will need a partner – ideally somebody who is good at pretending they are angry! Practicing in a safe environment will prepare you for a real event.
Please Note: this course covers practical steps you can follow and the content is presented in layman terms. It is not designed for health professionals who most probably already have covered anger management as part of their training. Nor is this a Conflict Resolution course; this would be far more in-depth and would incorporate a small component on anger management.
- Master skills to calm an angry person down
- Learn to identify the root cause of a person’s anger
- Develop the skills to work toward an amicable resolution
- Prevent verbal assaults from escalating out of control
- Freedom from reacting defensively to other people’s outbursts
- Reduce the intensity of a confrontation
- Enjoy improved relationships
- Gain greater self-awareness and life skills
- Reduce stress levels
- Enjoy greater sense of peace
- Gain the respect of others
- Be a role model