Humor at Work: Better Results. More Fun.
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Learn how to reduce stress, improve morale, and enjoy your work more by using humor in the workplace.
Just because you have a job, it doesn't mean you have to hate it. In this course, you'll learn the ins and outs of how to use humor at work.
Using humor in the workplace can help you:
- Relieve stress and increase overall workplace happiness.
- Improve office morale and build trust among team members.
- Deliver more effective presentations and influence people.
- And make work more pleasant and fun.
Despite these powerful benefits, less than 1/3rd of people use humor at work regularly. Maybe you don't think you have the time or just don't have any ideas. Or maybe you've tried it before and it didn't go so well. Or you're afraid you won't be taken seriously or you'll say something inappropriate. Or maybe you're shy or introverted and don't feel like it's part of your natural personality.
This course will help you overcome those challenges and teach you everything you need to know about using humor at work.
Whether you already use humor and just want to be more intentional, your team has no humor and you just want to help people loosen up, or you've never tried humor at all, you'll learn the necessary skills to bring levity to the office. You'll learn:
- How to use humor in different situations and how to "know" your audience.
- How to confidently present your humor.
- When humor is and isn't appropriate, what subjects are "off-limits," and how to avoid saying anything inappropriate.
- How use humor effectively without being seen as a clown or a jester.
- How to incorporate humor on a regular basis so that is has a positive impact on the culture at work.
- How to teach other people about the benefit of humor so they can embrace it as productivity tool.
What This Course is Not
This course is all about using humor to be more effective at work. This course is:
- NOT a course in stand up comedy. You will learn about basic joke structure, but the course will not cover things like how to create a set list, the business of stand-up, or how to get on the Tonight Show.
- NOT a course in humor theory. We do touch on basic humor theory, but you will not learn that ins and outs of what makes us as humans laugh.
- NOT a course in zombie apocalypse survival strategies, although I do mention it.
- Use humor in different situations.
- Know when humor is and isn't appropriate.
- Explain to bosses and coworkers the value of humor.
- Make humor a routine and use it on a regular basis.
- Tell funnier stories, give better presentations, and be more confident.