Innovation: the World's Greatest
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
This course considers innovations throughout history identifying that very few innovative ideas are new; the vast majority take something that is already working and improve it, be it a product, service or process.
You’ll consider the development of an innovation that you are particularly interested in, and, through a short project, produce and share with other learners your interpretation of its history.
What topics will you cover?
- What is innovation? Interpretation in business and within a wider context
- Determining types of innovation: products, processes, services
- Levels of innovation: incremental, radical, disruptive
- Innovation in action: the challenges of an independent, serial innovator
- The solar fridge: finding innovative solutions to challenges in Africa
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course.