Intro to Storytelling: Wow Your Crowd
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
When it comes to making a meaningful connection with other people, nothing compares to your personal stories.
You come to trust others, learn from others and are sometimes inspired by others based on their ability to share their stories. And even if you don't think you have stories, here is where you'll learn, you do.
In this workshop, you'll apply a series of practical guidelines, step-by-step, for creating unforgettable true stories of your own experience to use throughout your life. Please note that if your aim is to tell stories in the workplace about projects, brands, client relations and so on, The Story Studio has a course called Storytelling for Business also available on Udemy. This course, Intro to Storytelling, is about stories that may or may not have anything to do with your career.
In both video lectures and workbook exercises, you'll find the nitty-gritty tips and tools of a foolproof workshopping process you can use for crafting story after story.
What You'll Come Away With
After taking this course, you'll know just what to do when you notice listeners losing interest or sense that you're veering off track. You'll identify and explore the most affecting and fascinating moments you've lived through. You'll learn how to maintain suspense and build an emotionally resonant arc. And you'll be empowered from sharing your experience thoughtfully and with heart.
Be heard, be remembered and create the change you wish to see in your communication with dynamic and entertaining storytelling.
- Become a more engaging, clear and compelling communicator.
- Increase your charisma, using your voice, body, emotions and intelligence.
- Entertain and make a meaningful impact on your listeners.
- Learn how to brainstorm on the most story-worthy moments of your life.
- Discover The 2 Essential Ingredients for any good story.
- Include The 6 Senses in your story scenes to trigger emotional responses.
- Master The 5 Beats of classic story structure.
- Know how to answer the "So what?" question in your ending.
- Acquire a workshopping and performance-honing process you can apply again and again.
- Get tips on becoming a regular practitioner of storytelling in any community.