Discover distributed ledger technology and blockchain for business
On this course, you’ll get an introduction to blockchain and DLT through a case study of a company that uses various aspects of the technologies to solve business problems.
You’ll discover how and why blockchain technologies can be used in business to improve processes and inform decision-making.
You’ll explore its Bitcoin beginnings and learn how blockchains can change how information and value is stored, transferred and coordinated.
You’ll also consider how DLT can be used to change current business models through the use of smart contracts and secure data coordination.
What topics will you cover?
- What are blockchains and distributed ledger technologies?
- How blockchains can be used as a means to decentralise processes, for example payments
- How blockchains can be applied to supply chains to improve transparency and better reconciliation of data
- How blockchains can be used as a means of establishing better provenance and how smart contracts can be used to automate processes that rely on trusted information
- Practical case study examples of blockchain and DLT use
- Hear from real world companies on deployments of this revolutionary technology
- Learn frameworks on how to apply DLT to your business or to a use case
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course was created by the UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies, the oldest and largest academic blockchain centre in the world that has pioneered executive education for blockchain and DLT education.
The course is designed for anyone who wants to learn the basics of blockchain technology and how it can be applied to business problems.
It will be particularly useful for business executives exploring the use of blockchain at their companies.
This course is also suitable as an introductory course for those who want to explore the possibility of upskilling with blockchain knowledge.
Who developed the course?
We connect you with the best of UCL: We help you access critical specialist knowledge and first class research facilities across 11 faculties and 100+ departments.
UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies
The University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies was founded in 2016 to research the effects of Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) and blockchain in our socio-economic systems. The centre is the nucleus for DLT and blockchain research and engagement across eight different departments at UCL and for its Research and Industry Associate network. This network consists of over 180 researchers and practitioners from UCL, other academic institutions and companies utilising DLT.