Learn about the essential numerical skills required for accounting and bookkeeping. This free course, Introduction to bookkeeping and accounting, explains the fundamental rules of double-entry bookkeeping and how they are used to produce the balance sheet and the profit and loss account.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand and apply the essential numerical skills required for bookkeeping and accounting
- understand and explain the relationship between the accounting equation and double-entry bookkeeping
- record transactions in the appropriate ledger accounts using the double-entry bookkeeping system
- balance off ledger accounts at the end of an accounting period
- prepare a trial balance, balance sheet and a profit and loss account.